Covid 19 Safety
What Mighty Warrior is doing to keep you safe.
This serves as Mighty Warrior CrossFit’s operating procedure during the Covid-19 Pandemic. This document was assembled using best practices from the CDC, State of Michigan, and CrossFit community at-large. When followed strictly, we feel that these practices and procedures will provide the safest possible space to put on group exercise classes. We will be reviewing this document weekly to ensure that we are following the most current best practices.
What will the new schedule look like?
- Monday – Friday
- Closed for cleaning
- We will also be providing 2 open gym periods for those who don’t yet feel comfortable in the group class setting. These periods will be from 10:30am – 11:30am and from 1:30pm – 3:30pm. Please respect social distancing during open gym time and keep the equipment you’ll use for your workout inside the taped off 8 foot by 8 foot exercise area.
- For the time being we will continue our Yoga class through Zoom on Thursdays at 6PM and Sundays at 11AM.
- This schedule allows for a 30-minute window between classes to have the previous class clear out of the building, have the new class come in, and for staff to disinfect equipment not already wiped down.
- Please try to wait on entering the building until you see the previous class leave.
What will membership pricing be?
- We feel very fortunate that we we’re able to provide May for free to our community. On June 1st we will be resuming our regular membership rates.
- PLEASE STAY HOME IF YOU DON’T FEEL WELL.
- We have created 2 new sanitizing stations in the gym where members can use disinfectant to clean equipment after use.
- We will have disinfectants available in each workout space as well as soap and water to clean surfaces.
- All equipment will be wiped down after use.
- The floor will be sprayed down with anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal disinfectant at the end of every day (See posted product data sheet).
- Bathrooms will be cleaned/checked daily at 8am, 2pm, and 8pm with the checklist posted at the doors.
- Social Distancing/Class Size Control
- For the immediate future we will be utilizing Wodifys “sign in” feature to keep our class sizes to 8 members maximum. Please only sign in to the class if you’re certain you’ll be able to attend. If possible, please use your phone to sign in prior as we will be minimizing/eliminating use of the computer.
- We have taped (8) 8 foot by 8-foot boxes in the main floor space and (4) 7 foot by 8-foot boxes behind the rig to create a socially distanced space for you to do your workout in. The boxes will be numbered, and you’ll be given your box number by the coach running the class.
- A coach will already have most of the equipment you’ll need waiting for you inside your box when you arrive to class. The coach will work with you to get any additional equipment you’ll need.
- For the time being we will not be allowing children or guests in the gym.
- General Safety
- We have taken our coaching staff down to just Laura, Nolan and Kaleb to minimize exposure risk to our other coaches.
- Prior to class beginning we will be taking everyone’s, coaches included, temperature with a surface thermometer. The thermometer has a digital readout. Our threshold temperature will be 100 degrees Fahrenheit. If your scan comes back at 100 degrees Fahrenheit or above, you will be asked not to participate in class that day.
- Our programming will be minimizing the movements that leave the most sweat on equipment/floor space (think burpees, handstand pushups, etc…).
- We will be requiring our coaches to be in a face covering for members safety allowing them the close contact they may need to coach effectively. We are strongly encouraging members to wear a face covering if safe and medically able to do so.
- We’ve decided to suspend the use of community chalk. If you have problems with grip or your hands get sweaty, please bring a towel from home and keep it close during the workout to keep your hands dry.
- The lobby area is going to be blocked off. Please have everything you’ll need to work out either in a bag or with you in your designated workout space.
- Please give your equipment a thorough wipe down after each use.
- The water bottle filling station will remain in use because it is a touchless operation. We will be suspending drinking fountain use until further notice.
- We will be limiting shower use to only those who need to use them to prepare for their workday. We ask that you only use the showers if you go directly to work from the gym. If you can make it home to shower before work, please do so.
- If you would like to purchase a fit aid please let the coach know and they’ll get it and mark it down for you. This is to limit exposure at one of our higher trafficked areas.
- Alternate options to group classes
- We want to make sure we’re tending to as many of your needs as possible, so we will be continuing all our online options (CrossFit, MWCF Online, Olympic Weightlifting) and Zoom classes (4pm & 5pm) from now through June 1st. If you’re not certain you want to join our physical classes, keep the equipment we’ve loaned you until May 31st, and continue to work out at home through the end of the month.
What to do should we have a case of Coronavirus reported by a Mighty Warrior member.
We understand that no matter when we’re allowed to open, now and for the foreseeable future, there is a possibility that one of our community members will test positive for Coronavirus. The last thing that we want this news to do is to incite a panic or create an environment where we funnel negative emotions towards any one individual. The following is going to serve as an informational outline on how we (Mighty Warrior) WILL respond and how we feel you SHOULD respond to the news of a member testing positive.
- Our first line of defense is our operating procedures posted at the doors of Mighty Warrior CrossFit and listed above. These procedures account for cleaning of equipment, disinfecting our facility, social distancing measures, etc… please refer to that document to see how we are actively protecting our members from contracting Coronavirus.
- No later than 24 hours after receiving word from a member that they’ve testing positive for Coronavirus; Mighty Warrior WILL contact any individual who has been in class with the member over the past 14 days by phone. When contacting members, we will not be disclosing the name of the member who tested positive. This is for regulatory reasons and naming the individual may discourage members from informing us of positive tests.
- We encourage members who have been in contact with the individual to remain calm and call their primary care physician to seek guidance on what signs and symptoms to look out for.
- We also encourage members to utilize the Quest Diagnostics Covid-19 drive up testing center located in the parking lot of the Southgate Sam’s Club. Information on how to register and use the drive-up site can be found at this link. https://myquest.questdiagnostics.com/web/mycovid19test
- If you are not showing any signs or symptoms, please feel free to come back and join us in the class setting. If you aren’t yet comfortable joining us, we still offer our home programming tracks in CrossFit, MWCF Online, and Weightlifting. Please take advantage of these until you’re ready to rejoin the class environment.
One final note on the Pandemic. While the worst-case scenario for a case of Coronavirus is death we also want to acknowledge that the flip side of that coin is also true; that the virus can pass through an individual without the person showing any signs or symptoms. We don’t say this to minimize the pain that comes along with losing someone to the virus or the physical toll that’s endured while the virus runs its course. We say it to offer a balanced perspective in a world that feels as though information is shared only to induce fear, panic, or create division. We have tried our very best to be open and honest about what we’ve been doing to protect both you and your health from day one and we have no intentions of stopping that any time soon.